In addition to the Common Requirements, we require Artisan Jewelry items, i.e. those that begin with the word Artisan Jewelry in the category string, to meet these quality standards:
- Artisan Jewelry items must be high quality, unique and handcrafted artisan jewelry or artisan components made by the shop's owner.
- Minimum sale price for any Artisan Jewelry item is $20 USD.
- Pieces should reflect a high level of inventiveness, originality and creativity in design.
- Finished pieces must reflect a careful consideration of the design, materials, proportions and colors.
- The artist's contribution must be at least 50% of the final product.
- Unless the front and back of a jewelry piece or jewelry component are identical, a clear photo of both the front and back must be provided in the listing.
- If a maker's mark and/or a metal fineness mark has been added by the Artisan these must be illustrated in the listing and be clearly readable.
- All Artisan Jewelry items and artisan jewelry components must be listed in the Artisan Jewelry Lane. Examples of items that can be artisan jewelry pieces: Necklaces, bracelets, anklets, earrings, brooches/pins, rings, charms, pendants/lockets, cuff links, hatpins, stickpins, dress clips, watchbands and watch fobs, multiple coordinating pieces created to be matching sets, such as parures and demi-parures; beads, chains, clasps, closures or enhancers that have been handcrafted by the shop's owner.
excluded from being listed in Artisan Jewelry Lane are:
- Items not made by the shop's owner. Such items do not meet the guidelines for Artisan Jewelry and cannot be offered for sale under Artisan Jewelry. The Artisan Jewelry Lane is for independent artisans selling their own products.
Items intended for the adornment or inanimate objects or animals.
- Bulk sales of artisan jewelry components or artisan jewelry "lots" in which a single listing contains groups of unmatched artisan jewelry pieces.
- Jewelry pieces created with craft kits; these are not original designs.
- Commonly available, mass-produced jewelry or jewelry components.
- "Artist factory" artisan jewelry or jewelry components. An "artist factory" has many anonymous artists working assembly-line fashion to produce nearly identical pieces; an artisan making similar pieces of his/her own unique design is fine.
- Items that are not artisan jewelry pieces. Examples: Hair sticks or combs, barrettes, hairpins, pony tail holders; key rings; clothing buttons; book marks; lanyards; eyeglass chains; decorative zipper pulls; rosaries.