In addition to the Common Requirements,
we require Antique & Vintage Jewelry items, i.e. those that begin
with the word Antique & Vintage Jewelry in the category string, to
meet these quality standards:
- Antique & Vintage Jewelry items must be jewelry pieces and
meet the guidelines for either Antiques Lane or Vintage Collectibles
- Minimum sale price for any Antique & Vintage Jewelry item is $10 USD.
- All jewelry items, other than handcrafted Artisan Jewelry
items, must be listed in the Antique & Vintage Jewelry Lane.
Examples of items that can be jewelry pieces: Necklaces, bracelets,
anklets, earrings, brooches/pins, rings, charms, pendants/lockets, cuff
links, hatpins, stickpins, dress clips, watches and watch fobs, multiple
coordinating pieces originally manufactured to be matching sets, such
as parures and demi-parures.
- Antique & Vintage Jewelry items not yet 20 years old can qualify to be listed only if these conditions are met:
- The specific item is referenced in a printed price guide book or recognized online price guide, and
- the name of the price guide in which the item was found and the year the item was made are both provided within the listing.
- Unless the front and back of a jewelry piece are identical, a
clear photo of both the front and back must be provided in the listing.
- If a manufacturer's mark and/or a metal fineness mark are
present, these must be illustrated in the listing and be clearly
- If a jewelry item has no quality mark, it must be tested and
testing information must appear in the description if a claim of
precious metal content is made.
excluded from being listed in Antique & Vintage Jewelry Lane are:
- New pieces of jewelry.
- Commonly available, mass-produced jewelry.
- Items intended for the adornment of inanimate objects or animals.
- Bulk sales or "lots" in which a single listing contains groups of unmatched jewelry pieces.
- Items that are
not jewelry pieces. Examples: Hair
sticks or combs, barrettes, pony tail holders, key rings, clothing
buttons, book marks, cigarette cases, lanyards, eyeglass chains,
compacts, purses and handbags, decorative zipper pulls, rosaries,
trinket boxes, vanity or table top jewelry boxes, commercial
presentation boxes originally sold with jewelry pieces that are empty of
original contents, unset stones, unset cameos, and other jewelry
- Additional requirements for
Antique & Vintage Jewelry: Antiques subcategory:
- Antique & Vintage Jewelry: sub category Antique items must be high quality pieces that are 100 years old or older.
- Minimum sale price for any Antique & Vintage Jewelry: sub category Antique item is $50 USD.