How can I store my shop's transactions for longer than 15 months?
If you would like to maintain 'Manage Transaction' data that is over 12 months old, we recommend that you employ the 'Export Transactions' button that is located towards the bottom of the Manage Transactions page.
You can then store this data on your computer. You will be able to choose the data you would like to export by date, such as specific day(s), month(s) or calendar year(s).
This tool allows you to generate a CSV, Comma Separated Values, file of your past Manage Transaction data, which can then be transferred into any database application, or into a spreadsheet application such as Excel, to be stored on your computer.
What Is a CSV File?
This is a data table which is presented in Comma Separate Values, or CSV file format. CSV format allows for the data table to be transferred into a variety of applications, however it is best viewed within one that allows you to manipulate data that is in columnar format. Examples of such applications are those that are used to create spreadsheets and databases such as Excel or FileMaker.
What If I Don't Have The Above Mentioned Applications?
If you don't have access to either a spreadsheet or a database program, you can also export the data table file into either an ASCII text-editing or a word-processing application. However, since neither of these two application types has the ability to easily format the width of the data columns, manual reformatting will be required to properly view the data.
After Opening the Transferred Data File in Excel, I'm Getting #### in Some Columns. What Do I Do?
The hatch marks in the columns mean that the column is not wide enough to accommodate the data. If you are using Excel, you can correct this by placing your curser on the right edge of the top of the column such as Column A, Column B, etc. and clicking. Once you place your curser there and click, you will get a + sign. Double click on the + and the column will automatically adjust itself to accommodate and read all of the data in the column.
What Do I Do If I Have A Question About The Download Or The Data?
Ruby Lane offers this tool as an add-on benefit. We do not offer customer service or technical support for the use of this tool. For more information on using databases and spreadsheets, consult your application manual.
Note: If you have a popup blocker on your computer, you will most likely be asked by it, or your antivirus software, if you want to download the file. You should say yes.
Click Here to View all the questions in Shop Account
| Related Questions
- How long are transactions stored on my Manage Transactions page?
- How do I close my shop?
- Do I have to put my phone number and address in my shop where everyone can see it?
- Why aren't I receiving emails?
- How do I set the Sales Tax for my shop?
- How do I change my nickname, shop name, or email address
- How do I let shoppers know I'm on vacation?
- What is the difference between my shop Name and my shop Nickname?
- Why did a returned or bounced email cause my shop to update to Preview?
- How many items can I have in my shop?
- How do I change the Item ID of an item that is listed in my shop?
- I'm having trouble adding, or modifying, items?
- Will items from a shop's Backroom display in Today's Arrivals search when moved from Backroom into the shop?
- I have added an item into my shop. When will the item be visible?
- How long will my items remain in Today's Arrivals or This Week's Arrivals?
- What is the Manage Transactions page?
- What is the Shop Owners Home page?
- Is the list of items in Today's Arrivals created at a certain time of day?
- What is the Manage Items page?
- How do I set up Cell Phone Text Message alerts for my shop?
- When do my newly listed items appear in Today's Arrivals?
- If text messages are sent to my cell phone, do I still have to use e-mail to manage the purchase orders?
- When should I remove items from my inventory if I do not want to be charged for them on my next Shop Account statement?